Travel down the rabbit hole and join Alice, one of literature’s most beloved heroines, in her madcap adventures. Featuring updated songs from Disney’s thrilling animated motion picture, Disney’s Alice in Wonderland JR. is a fast-paced take on the classic tale.
Rehearsals begin Wednesday, February 1st
Younger Group (apx. 5-10 years old) will rehearse Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:00pm-5:30pm
Older Group (apx. 10-14 years old) will rehearse Wednesdays and Fridays from 5:30-7:30pm
Younger Group, March 31st, April 1st, and April 2nd
Older Group, April 7th, 8th, and 9th
- Everyone gets a part!
- Auditions run from 4-7pm, but it is not necessary to stay the full 3 hours. Each audition takes between 5-15 minutes
- Please have your student come prepared to sing a verse from any song of their choosing (does not have to be from the show they are auditioning for)
- Students in the middle and teen groups will read an excerpt from the script with directors following their vocal audition
- Please register student at the front desk before they do their audition
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration in order for student to receive their script and rehearsal CD
About the Session:
- Our younger group will rehearse Wednesdays and Fridays from 4-5:30pm
- Our middle group will rehearse Wednesdays and Fridays 5:30-7:30pm
- The younger group will perform their show March 31st, April 1st, and April 2nd
- The middle group will perform their show April 7th, 8th, and 9th
- Please see tuition costs below
$225 per student: includes free script, music rehearsal CD, and show Tshirt
$200 for a second child from the same household (or 2nd tuition of a child participating in two or more shows)
$175 for a third child from the same household
Our Theatre Program
The Next Generation Theatre program is open to children, ages 4 ½ through 19, and sometimes beyond . Each session runs several weeks and ends with a spectacular show open for the entire community to enjoy. Each child learns many skills as they are exposed to every aspect of the theatre production process. Students begin to understand choreography, set design, acting, vocals including singing, stage direction, as well as costuming and use of props. Over time, the children will have the opportunity to use their talents in different roles, thus gaining a greater understanding of the entire theatre process.
One of the most unique features of the Theatre Program are the directors. At Next Generation Theatre each production is led by not only an adult mentor but also one or more teen directors, all of whom are highly motivated natural born leaders. They each have high levels of talent and years of experience in dancing, singing, choreography, set design, and costuming. The teen directors make this program extra special; their age and experience allows them to bond and relate to kids in a way that bridges the gap between the students and adult directors. They also inspire the younger students to visualize themselves as the next teen leaders.
Theatre Session Fees & Schedule
We have three sessions each year: Fall, Spring, and a shorter Summer Camp.
The cost of each session covers all aspects of the program from show rights, performance fees, exceptional backdrops, singing, dancing, and acting lessons, and scripts to costumes, staff, and music. Each child will receive a free T-shirt from the show and a high quality playbill as a memento of their experience.
Cost: $225 per student
* A non-refundable $50 deposit is required before casting. The balance can be paid throughout the theatre session.