Disney’s Aladdin Kids (Ages 5-12)
When the street urchin, Aladdin, vies for the attention of the beautiful princess, Jasmine, he uses a genie’s magic power to become a prince in order to marry her.
Iago, Jafar, the Genie and more are here in Disney’s Aladdin KIDS, a musical adventure filled with magic, mayhem and the power of love.
Show dates & Times:
November 11th and 12th @ 6:00pm
November 12th and 13th @ 2:00pm
The Phantom Tollbooth Jr. (Ages 11-15)
Even surrounded by dozens of toys, Milo is bored. Nothing interests him at all… until he takes a trip through the Phantom Tollbooth. Transported to the Land of Wisdom, Milo is thrust into adventure when Princesses Rhyme and Reason need rescuing in order to bring peace between two kings. The kings, from Dictionopolis and Digitopolis, are feuding over whether “words” or “numbers” are most important in their kingdoms. Knee-deep in danger, language and math along the way, Milo learns everything has a purpose. Upon his return home, he realizes there is never a reason to be bored in a world full of hidden discoveries.
Show Dates & Times:
December 9th and 10th @ 7:00pm
December 10th and 11th @ 2:00pm
Thirteen (Ages 13 +)
Evan Goldman is plucked from his fast-paced, preteen New York City life and plopped into a sleepy Indiana town following his parents divorce. Surrounded by an array of simpleminded middle school students, he needs to establish his place in the popularity pecking order. Can he situate himself on a comfortable link of the food chain… or will he dangle at the end with the outcasts?!?
Show Dates & Times:
January 13th and 14th @ 7:00pm
January 14th and 15th @ 2:00pm
- Everyone gets a part!
- Auditions run from 4-7pm, but it is not necessary to stay the full 3 hours. Each audition takes between 5-15 minutes
- Please have your student come prepared to sing a verse from any song of their choosing (does not have to be from the show they are auditioning for)
- Students in the middle and teen groups will read an excerpt from the script with directors following their vocal audition
- Please register student at the front desk before they do their audition
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration in order for student to receive their script and rehearsal CD
About the Session:
- Our younger group will rehearse Wednesdays and Fridays from 4-5:30pm beginning on Wednesday, September 7th
- The younger group will perform their show November 11th, 12th, and 13th
- Our middle group will rehearse Wednesdays and Fridays 5:30-7:30pm beginning Wednesday, September 7th
- The middle group will perform their show December 9th, 10th, and 11th
- Our teen group will rehearse Sundays 12-3pm beginning September 11th
- The teen group will perform their show January 13th, 14th, and 15th
- Please see tuition costs below
$225 per student: includes free script, music rehearsal CD, and show Tshirt
$200 for a second child from the same household (or 2nd tuition of a child participating in two or more shows)
$175 for a third child from the same household
Our Theatre Program
The Next Generation Theatre program is open to children, ages 4 ½ through 19, and sometimes beyond . Each session runs several weeks and ends with a spectacular show open for the entire community to enjoy. Each child learns many skills as they are exposed to every aspect of the theatre production process. Students begin to understand choreography, set design, acting, vocals including singing, stage direction, as well as costuming and use of props. Over time, the children will have the opportunity to use their talents in different roles, thus gaining a greater understanding of the entire theatre process.
One of the most unique features of the Theatre Program are the directors. At Next Generation Theatre each production is led by not only an adult mentor but also one or more teen directors, all of whom are highly motivated natural born leaders. They each have high levels of talent and years of experience in dancing, singing, choreography, set design, and costuming. The teen directors make this program extra special; their age and experience allows them to bond and relate to kids in a way that bridges the gap between the students and adult directors. They also inspire the younger students to visualize themselves as the next teen leaders.
Theatre Session Fees & Schedule
We have three sessions each year: Fall, Spring, and a shorter Summer Camp.
The cost of each session covers all aspects of the program from show rights, performance fees, exceptional backdrops, singing, dancing, and acting lessons, and scripts to costumes, staff, and music. Each child will receive a free T-shirt from the show and a high quality playbill as a memento of their experience.
Cost: $225 per student
* A non-refundable $50 deposit is required before casting. The balance can be paid throughout the theatre session.