Summer 2018 Theatre Session!
Lion King Kids- July 13-15th
James and the Giant Peach – July 20-22nd.
Lion King Kids: (ages 5-12)
Rehearsals begin: Monday, June 25th and will be Monday-Friday 9:00-12:00. (No rehearsal July 4th) The show will be July 13th-15th.
The African savannah will come to life on our stage with Simba, Rafiki and an unforgettable cast of characters as they journey from Pride Rock to the jungle… and back again, in this inspiring, coming-of-age tale.
James and the Giant Peach Jr. (ages 10-17)
Rehearsals begin: Monday, June 25th and will be Monday-Friday from 12:30pm-4:00pm. (No rehearsal July 4th) The show will be July 20th-22nd.
When James is sent by his conniving aunts to chop down their old fruit tree, he discovers a magic potion that grows a tremendous peach, rolls into the ocean and launches a journey of enormous proportions. James befriends a collection of singing insects that ride the giant piece of fruit across the ocean, facing hunger, sharks and plenty of disagreements along the way.
About Auditions: April 11th
- Everyone gets a part!
- Auditions run from 4-7pm, but it is not necessary to stay the full 3 hours. Each audition takes between 5-15 minutes.
- Please have your student come prepared to sing a verse from any song of their choosing (does not have to be from the show they are auditioning for).
- Students in the teen group will read an excerpt from the script with directors following their vocal audition
- Please register student at the front desk before they do their audition
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration in order for student to receive their script and rehearsal CD
About the Session:
- Our younger group will rehearse Monday-Friday from 9-12pm
- Our middle and teen groups will rehearse Monday-Friday 12:30-4pm
- Please see tuition costs below
$225 per student: includes free script, music rehearsal CD, and show Tshirt
$200 for a second child from the same household (or 2nd tuition of a child participating in two or more shows)
$175 for a third child from the same household
Our Theatre Program
The Next Generation Theatre program is open to children, ages 4 ½ through 19, and sometimes beyond . Each session runs several weeks and ends with a spectacular show open for the entire community to enjoy. Each child learns many skills as they are exposed to every aspect of the theatre production process. Students begin to understand choreography, set design, acting, vocals, stage direction, as well as costuming and use of props. Over time, the children will have the opportunity to use their talents in different roles, thus gaining a greater understanding of the entire theatre process.
One of the most unique features of the Theatre Program are the directors. At Next Generation Theatre each production is led by not only an adult mentor but also one or more teen directors, all of whom are highly motivated natural born leaders. They each have high levels of talent and years of experience in dancing, singing, choreography, set design, and costuming. The teen directors make this program extra special; their age and experience allows them to bond and relate to kids in a way that bridges the gap between the students and adult directors. They also inspire the younger students to visualize themselves as the next teen leaders.
Theatre Session Fees & Schedule
We have three sessions each year: Fall, Spring, and a shorter Summer Camp.
The cost of each session covers all aspects of the program from show rights, performance fees, exceptional backdrops, singing, dancing, and acting lessons, and scripts to costumes, staff, and music. Each child will receive a free T-shirt from the show and a high quality playbill as a memento of their experience.
Cost: $225 per student
* A non-refundable $50 deposit is required before casting, and $50 is due on the day rehearsals start. The balance can be paid throughout the theatre session.