Summer Theatre Session:
Join us Under the Sea this summer as we prepare to perform a classic Disney tale!!
Our summer theatre session AUDITIONS will be held:
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8th from 4-7pm
- Please have your child come prepared to sing one verse from a song of their choosing
- We will have 2 age groups: ages 5-10 (younger group) and 11+ (older group)
- If your child will be participating in the OLDER group, please have them come prepared to read a page from the script with one of our teen directors (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the excerpt ahead of time if they would like to memorize it for auditions – but it is NOT necessary to do so!!)
- EVERYONE gets a part!
- It is not necessary to stay for the entire 3 hour time block; each audition takes between 5-15 minutes
- There is a $50 non-refundable deposit due at auditions for each child in order to receive their script and rehearsal CD
About the Session:
- Our younger group will rehearse from 9AM-12PM beginning on Monday, June 20th. Rehearsals are Monday-Friday, same times
- The younger group will perform their show JULY 15th, 16th, and 17th! We will provide a rehearsal schedule at auditions
- Our older group will rehearse from 12:30PM-4PM beginning on Monday, June 20th. Rehearsals are Monday-Friday, same times
- The older group will perform their show JULY 8th, 9th, and 10th! We will provide a rehearsal schedule at auditions
- We are CLOSED Monday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day (no rehearsals)
- Please see tuition costs below
$225 per student: includes free script, music rehearsal CD, and show Tshirt
$200 for a second child from the same household (or 2nd tuition of a child participating in two or more shows)
$150 for a third child from the same household
Our Theatre Program
The Next Generation Theatre program is open to children, ages 4 ½ through 19, and sometimes beyond . Each session runs several weeks and ends with a spectacular show open for the entire community to enjoy. Each child learns many skills as they are exposed to every aspect of the theatre production process. Students begin to understand choreography, set design, acting, vocals including singing, stage direction, as well as costuming and use of props. Over time, the children will have the opportunity to use their talents in different roles, thus gaining a greater understanding of the entire theatre process.
One of the most unique features of the Theatre Program are the directors. At Next Generation Theatre each production is led by not only an adult mentor but also one or more teen directors, all of whom are highly motivated natural born leaders. They each have high levels of talent and years of experience in dancing, singing, choreography, set design, and costuming. The teen directors make this program extra special; their age and experience allows them to bond and relate to kids in a way that bridges the gap between the students and adult directors. They also inspire the younger students to visualize themselves as the next teen leaders.
Theatre Session Fees & Schedule
We have three sessions each year: Fall, Spring, and a shorter Summer Camp.
The cost of each session covers all aspects of the program from show rights, performance fees, exceptional backdrops, singing, dancing, and acting lessons, and scripts to costumes, staff, and music. Each child will receive a free T-shirt from the show and a high quality playbill as a memento of their experience.
Cost: $225 per student
* A non-refundable $50 deposit is required before casting. The balance can be paid throughout the theatre session.